Sunday, March 09, 2008

Garden in the one-bedroom box


It's still a tad chilly outside, but I'm already starting on the garden. I broke down and bought a peat moss seed starter miniature greenhouse emulator (I obviously don't know the actual name of this thing) at the store. I usually go for growing seeds in styrofoam cups with a little potting soil, but I'm spending big this year, folks.

If you've never used one of these mini greenhouses, it's kinda neat to watch the peat slowly rise up from little dirt discs. And the thing definitely takes on the climate of a greenhouse, it seems. I've only had them in there since this morning, and there's plenty of condensation building up on the lid.

If you looked closely enough, yeah, I've got an odd combination growing so far: watermelon, onion, snapdragons, marigolds, and beef steak tomatoes.

No comments: