Sunday, April 13, 2008

Coming Home

Friday was interesting.

I had an early-morning interview for a high school Spanish position at Marshfield High School. Midday I had a phone call from the administration, offering me the position. And after a weekend of praying and thinking, I have chosen to accept the position. (I called to leave the "definite yes" on voicemail just a few minutes ago, which will follow by a phone call tomorrow morning.) I am very excited about the prospects and opportunities I will have at Marshfield High School; I feel like I'm getting a job where I can settle in and stay for a while now. I am also very happy to be moving closer to my family.

Rachel is also happy for the opportunity to move back to Springfield. We both have never been fully sold on St. Louis. It's a nice city with lots to do, but there are so many perks in Springfield that we have missed since we moved. We have found several places we frequent here, which will provide us with a nice little quick getaway once in a while, but we'll definitely be enjoying Springfield's plethora of restaurants and entertainment.

Last, but certainly not least, I have to give God the glory for this opportunity He has given me. I have been praying for some time for Him to put me where He wants me -- be it in St. Louis or back "home." He answered.

No comments: