Sunday, September 07, 2008

Goals

I typically try not to get too personal on this blog, but today I've chosen to write down some goals that I'm praying and hoping to attain. I'm not focused on how these goals will happen, but rather I'm writing them down so I can keep them in mind. I don't have a timetable on these goals, so it's not like I want to attain all these goals in the next five years or something.

In no particular order:
  • Buy the house where I currently live.
  • Build a pole barn/large unique structure on a small piece of property in or near Springfield. I think east somewhere between Strafford and Springfield or north of town somewhere would be convenient for my commute to work and a fair drive for Rachel to work.
  • Visit Europe. I would love to be able to study in a foreign country and possibly do some sort of exchange where I can get credits and also teach English. If you have any suggestions on this, let me know.
  • Complete more college credits. I need to bulk down and get some more college hours toward a masters degree. I don't want to rush and take a million courses at once, but I think it would be nice to take a class here and there; my previous goal might influence this goal.
  • Get more involved in a church. I sporadically go to various churches, but I want a church home of my own. I still get fed via St. Louis Family Church's preacher Jeff Perry, who I think everyone could benefit from hearing, but I know that I need to assemble and get to know fellow Christians.
  • Exercise. Yeah, we walk here and there, but I want to walk nearly everyday outside (for at least 30 minutes) and maybe try to do some anaerobic exercise, too, just to tone up a little bit.
I'm sure there are more, but this is what I've come up with this morning.

No comments: