Thursday, February 15, 2007

The peanut butter craze


Shout it from the rooftops! Peanut butter can infect you with salmonella bacteria, which can make you very, very sick.

I have never seen such outrage and carrying on about a food contamination alert. KY3 had a special food panel brought in to answer questions about possible contamination in Peter Pan and Great Value peanut butter throughout its five and six o'clock 'casts. All the while I was thinking there are only a few things to know about the peanut butter: If you have recently purchased Peter Pan or Great Value peanut butter with the product code 2111, you have bad peanut butter. And, if you feel sick and have eaten peanut butter, you might need to visit a doctor. What else do you need to know? Why does this warrant a special phone panel for the news? The sad thing is, the people answering phones were busy everytime the camera was on them.

Also, I must be out of the loop; I didn't realize how many people eat peanut butter. I only eat it once in a while. Unfortunately, I ate it for lunch nearly every day last week, and when I get to school tomorrow, I'll check my label. I can pretty much guarantee that I will see a "2111" in the product code. Isn't that just how my life goes?

Well, y'all go now and check your peanut butter labels. You'll be glad you did. Have a nice Friday.

Hasta pronto.

No comments: