Monday, February 19, 2007

Guaca buena

Usually, I'm not one for guacamole. But yesterday, Rachel came up with a great concoction of the green goodness. She can't take all the credit, but she did a little modifying to the All Recipes recipe. I recommend you try it out if you'd like a nice spicy dip.

We had it with tacos, refried beans with cheddar cheese added while warming, sour cream, lettuce, cheese, and black beans. It was one of those meals where everything on the plate runs together and you just have to succumb to eating a Mexican medley rather than individual foods — if your eating style is anything like mine, that is.

This evening, I finished up a stack of Spanish tests. This time around, I made an answer sheet so that I don't have to flip through every page of the test. That saved me tons of time; I'll be doing that again fo sho.

I also watched Wife Swap on ABC this evening. It was quite interesting. If you didn't have a chance to watch it, one wife was an urban sophisticated clean freak and the other a backward country bumpkin from Iowa. The twist was that the family in Iowa was on a big raw meat diet. They claimed that bacteria are good for you, so they never cleaned their house. At one point they said, "Would God put anything on this Earth that would hurt you?" What a comment of ignorance (and idiocy). God may not have put anything on Earth to hurt us, but I wonder if they have to take a de-worming medication for all the nasty hosts they have living in their stomach and intestines. I recommend that anyone who has even considered eating raw meat should read "The Worm Within" a short story by Vincent Eaton. That'll make you think twice before ordering rare meat, eh?

Well, I think that's enough for today. Have a good night (or day, depending on when you read this).

¡Hasta pronto!

No comments: