Saturday, April 07, 2007

Easter and counting

Tomorrow is Easter, and I'm counting down the days until I'm done with this school year. This next week is our MAP test, so I won't do as much "teaching" this week, so hopefully it won't be too bad this week.

It's been a while since I've blogged, but a few things have happened since I last posted. First off, I turned 25, which really wasn't a big deal. I did enjoy fishing with my dad that day, and I want to go back to our prime fishing spot up in rural Polk County. Maybe a few Friday fevers are coming on (shhh) before school's out, so maybe I can sneak up there and have a little fun fishing

Also, since last blogging, I got a new car: a Honda Fit. It is a very nice car, and, as Rachel says, I'm anal about taking care of it. But, hey, I want that new car smell to stay as long as it will, and I want to keep it as new as we can for as long as we can. We've not eaten in it yet, but I know it'll happen some day. I don't think I'll be loading the fishing gear in the back of it just yet.

In job news, I have been looking at possible shifts to different careers. Jack Henry & Associates is one company, particularly, in which I have some interest. They hire people with a professional background in education to become trainers for their employees. I think that could be just a tad better than teaching middle-schoolers. I would imagine my paycheck might increase a little bit, too, working for such a company.

Hasta pronto and happy Easter!

No comments: