Monday, November 03, 2008

Barack the vote, get a cup of coffee, severe weather alert

Yes, it's an odd title, but keep reading.


I'm getting up early to Barack the vote tomorrow. I think I'm planning on getting there at around 6 a.m., but I might be better off to go after school (if I can get outta there when the 3:10 bell rings). Nonetheless, Obama has my vote tomorrow sometime between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m.

And for those of you who care to make a difference, Starbucks is rewarding you for your vote with a free cup of brewed coffee. I'm gonna need it after my early-morning suffrage. (Good thing I have first hour conference at school.)




In no way is this part of this post related to the election, but this is an early heads up for bad weather on Wednesdsay night into Thursday morning in the Ozarks.

With a frontal system approaching that includes strong wind shear and several other variables to support strong severe storm development, we could be in for some wind, hail, and tornadoes, according to the National Weather Service:

IN TERMS OF THUNDERSTORM SEVERITY...SEVERAL INGREDIENTS
LOOK TO BE IN PLACE. IF ANY INGREDIENT IS LACKING...IT WOULD BE
RELATIVELY WEAK INSTABILITY. SHEAR IS STRONG ENOUGH THAT
SUPERCELL STRUCTURES WOULD LIKELY DEVELOP WITH ANY SUSTAINED
UPDRAFTS. HOWEVER...THERE WILL LIKELY BE A RAPID TRANSITION TO
LINEAR STRUCTURE WITH EMBEDDED AREAS OF ROTATION DUE IN PART TO
THE STRONG LOW LEVEL SHEAR VECTORS. THE LINEAR EXTENT OF STORM
MODE COULD VARY DEPENDING ON THE ORIENTATION OF THE FRONTAL
BOUNDARY RELATIVE TO STORM MOTION...AS WELL AS THE STRENGTH OF
CONVERGENCE ALONG THE FRONT. A MORE LINEAR MODE WOULD LIKELY
ENHANCE THE WIND THREAT WHILE DECREASING THE HAIL THREAT A BIT.


Kids, get your weather radios ready.

Until then, happy voting.

No comments: