Saturday, February 03, 2007

You stay classy, planet Earth

Will Ferrell is always so hilarious to watch. Watching Anchorman for the millionth time on ABC tonight is a reminder of how funny he is.

My day has gone all right. Rachel has developed a cold, so I went to Walgreen's this morning to pick up a few things that should help her through her sickness.

I left her at home today, though, to go to Webster County -- for various reasons. One reason was because I was attending a funeral for a 19-year-old who committed suicide. He was the brother of a good friend of mine from high school. Apparently he had struggled with drugs over the past few years. I can't imagine what the family has been going through since his death. The service was set up well, and I thought the main preacher did a very good job providing a meaningful sermon for the funeral.

I also went to good ol' Niangua to visit my grandma. It was nice to visit her; it had been over two weeks since I had been to her house. I generally visit once a week, but the recent ice storm has kept us occupied with various projects. Today's big surprise was the snowfall we received. I left Marshfield at about 5:30, and at that time they had an additional inch of snow on the ground than from when I came. It was unexpected and made several roads slick once again. I think that most people in this area are ready for spring. The past several winters have fallen short of any significant winter precipitation, but we've made up for it this year. We've not had major snow accumulation, but the ice storm have satisified most people's appetite for winter weather in the Ozarks. Unfortunately, looking at the long-range forecast, I think we're in for one more good wallop (probably of snow).

It's nice to see the promos for sweeps on local news. I wish, though, there would be some really big investigative pieces. When I visited Kansas City, they were doing big promos during sweeps on a piece where a reporter went after a convicted sex offender who owned a kids' arcade. It was an awesome promo and probably got a few viewers tuned in.

Well, it's 10:24, and I'm ready for bed. Gotta get up for church in the morning. I might be going to James River or maybe to Republic AG with Debi.

Hasta pronto.

No comments: