Saturday, May 17, 2008

Countdown

Yes, the countdown timer is ticking on the sidebar. I have two actual days of teaching left for the school year. (The last three days are all half days, and I'll be giving finals each of those half days.) Hallelujah!

I have definitely enjoyed my time at Rockwood Summit. I have connected with a lot of great people, and I've been able to work for a school district with tons of perks to which I haven't been accustomed in my previous years of working in education. If I never made this move, I never would've experienced living in St. Louis, which now has given me experience I can take with me the rest of my life.

I am very glad to be moving back to southwest Missouri. I miss being close to family and friends, but I feel that I will return and be able to really establish myself as a person. I think sometimes getting away from what you're used to for a while allows you to develop different perspectives of your own life.

But I know one perspective that hasn't changed: I am ready for Haruno sushi! This St. Louis stuff pales in comparison.

No comments: