Wednesday, May 07, 2008

What's wrong with your eye?

When you're coughing, gagging, and vomiting, the result is a broken blood vessel in your eye -- at least that's what happened to me last Thursday morning.

I have been taking an antibiotic this week, and I don't feel like I have as much congestion. I have still, however, had difficulty with coughing. Nothing seems to alleviate it at night, so getting to sleep is a challenge.

I ate some dark chocolate with 65% cacao in it. Apparently there is some property in the chocolate that is a cough suppressant.



Well, they didn't get a red eye from coughing, but some other criminals probably have some eye problems and bruises for a different reason.



I don't necessarily agree with the arresting methods of the police officers, but I must say that don't have much sympathy for the people they arrested. We're talking about criminals who are doing bad things. As Rachel said, "If they weren't doing something wrong, they wouldn't have to worry about being beaten up." I agree. If you're breaking the law, especially something major like drugs or killing someone, then you face the consequences.

Someone from the NAACP is now also questioning the arrests of this subject, caught on Fox 2's cameras, in St. Louis:



I have to put myself in the shoes of the police officers. I think I'd want to pop someone who just endangered my life and other people's loved ones on a high-speed chase.

OK, so maybe they weren't arrested completely correctly, and if I were in their shoes, I would hate to be smacked around by a cop. But, then again, I haven't put myself in a situation to have to worry about that.

No comments: